Thursday, July 9, 2015

T minus 2 days...

My first triathlon in three years is on Saturday. I know, I can't believe it either. I can't believe it's been 3 years since I raced a triathlon!

I'm feeling pretty good about my training, as difficult as it's been the last few months. I am taking 6 credits of business classes in addition to teaching an online class. I have been completely swamped! I haven't spent as much time on the bike as I've wanted to, so if my bike time suffers, I won't be completely surprised. My swimming has been going well, I'm hopeful that I will be able to easily cut 3-4 minutes off my swim time, gunning for about 5, though.

The coolest thing I've had done is I got a professional fit on my tri bike and I am amazed at how much more comfortable it is to ride. I'm hoping my legs won't feel as wasted so perhaps I can drop a minute or two off the run.

I'm currently at 124.0 pounds. I'm happy with that for now, but hoping to drop another 3-ish pounds before the next race in August.

Getting excited!!

No comments: