Wednesday, April 8, 2015

IIFYM

What the heck does that mean? It stands for If It Fits Your Macros. It a flexible way of eating that let you choose what to eat as long as you fit your macros by the end of the day +/- 5 grams. It is a way of tracking calories because of the following:

1 gram of protein is 4 calories
1 gram of carbs is 4 calories
1 gram of fat is 9 calories

I entered my information and goal HERE and got the following goals for me to hit every day:

115g of protein
51g of fat
173g of carbs 
A total of 1610 calories in a day.

This is supposed to help me lose body fat while maintaining or building muscle, the goal being to become more defined and stronger.

Today was pretty out of whack because I may have eaten 4 or 5 cookies. I'm still within my caloric range, but my carbs were way high while fat and protein were a touch low. I was all out of calories by the end of the day so for dinner I had a lean cut of pork and a lot of broccoli. :)

I'll report my weight loss on Saturday.


No comments: