Wednesday, March 18, 2015

It's all about the diet


I am in week 4 of half marathon training right now and my muscles HURT. My paces have been way slower in all my tempo's and sprints that I would like since I started and I feel like my muscles get tired pretty easily. That being said, I'm getting stronger AND my knee is hanging in there! I notice it and it can get stiff, but it doesn't hurt!!! :)

My training right now is 3 days of running, 2 days of turbo kick class (more on that later), and one or two days of biking and maybe 1 day of swimming. (Some of those are two workouts in a day) Last week I had a solid 6 days in a row of an hour+ of exercise.

The big news is that I finally cleaned up my diet. I know, it took me long enough! It got to the point where even my fat jeans were really snug and my workout clothes (and sports bras) were all fitting REALLY tight. See this picture:


I was about 122-3 pounds right there and when I weighed myself 11 days ago, I was 132!! I haven't weighed in yet but I'm excited to see how much closer I am to this picture.

I am trying to lose a couple pounds, but I'm mostly focusing on unprocessed foods, lots of veggies, fruit, and protein. I allow myself one cheat meal a week with a dessert treat. I am on day 11 of this and I am really feeling great! My skin is clearing up, my stomach is noticeably tighter, and the fat jeans are about falling off me now. This is the first time I've eaten this clean in my entire life so I'm excited to see what happens with my body. I read recently that our bodies are clay and our sculpting tools are food and exercise.

Here was my grocery trip on Monday:



So, what am I actually eating?

Breakfast

2 eggs and a bowl of Kashi GoLean crunch
2 eggs and 100 calories of oatmeal
green smoothie with protein powder
protein pancakes
cottage cheese with fruit

Lunch and Dinners

Basically a lot of veggies with some form of lean protein and a piece of fruit.
Chicken, fish, pork, turkey, shrimp, beans
broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes, asparagus, cauliflower, peppers, salad, brussels sprouts, eggplant, carrots, sweet potatoes

Snacks

I allow around 200 calories for a snack. 
Fruit with nuts
air popped popcorn
granola bar
cheese and apples
protein shake
ezekial bread with natural peanut butter


This is a cabbage salad I found from Oh She Glows (I just used a bottled dressing)


I found this carrot orange fusion smoothie from Jamba Juice that is AWESOME!  It has chia seeds, greek yogurt, carrots, oranges, mangos, bananas, and soy milk. The small size had 280 calories and 10 grams of protein!! 


To prep my meals for the week, I'll cook up two sheet pans of roasted veggies all ready to go for me. 


I allow about 1400 calories a day depending on how much exercise I do. On Saturday when I ran 10 miles, I ate 2250 calories that day, but I ran a LOT so it made sense.

Here's to a healthy life!


No comments: