Sunday, August 3, 2014

Back in the saddle

One week ago I was able to do 12 miles on the treadmill with 6 on the elliptical right in the middle. The knee was a little sore the rest of the day but felt fine after that.

And my workouts this last week were great! I still did my warm up and cool down on the elliptical and main run on the treadmill. Thursday's 10 mile run was great, and then yesterday I did 15 miles all running!!! The knee felt pretty good the whole run, so I'm thrilled - obviously. After a couple hours, I noticed it but today feels fine again.

I am so excited that I seem to be on the mend again so I am just going to try to be smart for the next 6 weeks so I can hit the start line healthy and strong.

My brother signed me up for a 15K trail run this saturday, so if I can do a 1 mile warm up and 3 mile cool down after, that will put me at about 13.5 for the morning. (Going to see wicked in the middle of the day) Then I need to do 6.5 in the evening to give me 20 for the day. Fingers crossed I can do it all outside!

No comments: