Sunday, June 22, 2014

Marathons hurt.

As I laid (lie? lay? I'll never figure that one out.) in bed last night trying to sleep while the muscles in my legs ached and I wanted to slather myself in icy-hot, I wondered why I do this to myself.

Yesterday I ran 16 miles. All outside. All at once.

And then I remembered:

  • The thrill I got at mile 9 cruising at 9:30 miles feeling great. 
  • The love of exploring where you are by running all over it. 
  • The spiritual uplifting I received while spending over 2 hours pondering all that I have been blessed with. 
  • How great it feels to be outside when the sun is shining and the world is alive.
  • My 6 month long recovery from an injured IT band. I GET to run.
  • Conquering THE hill with no walking.
Marathon training week 4 - done.

I can't wait for the next run because I GET to run. No more pain for me. Bring it!

No comments: