Sunday, June 1, 2014

I'm healed!!!!

Marathon training week #1 is DONE.

And for the first time since December, I did all 3 of my training runs with NO pain at all in my knee. NONE.

excuse me for a second.

YYYYYIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, I'm better.

I seriously felt like crying because I was so happy.

Tuesday - 3x1 mile repeats
Thursday - 6 miles with 2 at tempo pace
Saturday - 11 miles at 10:10 pace (including running THE hill without walking!)

Did I mention my knee doesn't hurt? I am blown away. I am actually looking forward to my training next week to see if I can keep it up.

:)

In the last 3 weeks, I have been mostly strict about my eating and counting calories and have lost 5 pounds. I have 4 more I would like to lose, and I am anticipating it taking another 2 or 3 weeks to accomplish it. My clothes are fitting better, my arms are thinner (my legs refuse to get thinner), and my waist is losing some under belly button squish. It has gotten easier to maintain the calorie counting and going without goodies all the time the longer I am paying attention to this. It is so motivating to see the scale moving down and to know my jeans aren't fitting like sausage casings anymore.

:)

Run tomorrow - 4x800's on the treadmill! Bring it.


1 comment:

Runners Fuel said...

Yay for being healed! I had knee pain a couple years at while I ram. It was horrible!