Monday, April 7, 2014

Here's to the healing

My last completely pain-free run was over three months ago. I've been stuck running one and 2 miles at a time with pain in the end only a couple times a week for 12 weeks.



Enter, the grid and a chiropractor.

I'm going to see the chiropractor once a week the last month, and I'm finally back up to running 3 miles at a time with no pain.

I am also icing one or two times a day, and rolling up a storm on my new foam roller.


In addition to being a great pillow while I'm watching TV, I actually do use it to roll out my IT band, my hips, hamstrings, and quads.


I was so happy this morning while I ran my 3.1 miles on the treadmill that I almost started crying because I didn't feel pain.

I am still supposed to go slow, not do anyone lunges or squats, no running down hills, no speed work, and only increasing my mileage by 10% week. 

I'm hoping to run 4.5 miles on Friday, and I'm can't wait and I'm so excited!

No comments: