Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dr.

For the first time in my life, I went to the chiropractor yesterday. He confirmed what I suspected, my IT band is tight and irritating my knee. He did say that he has seen a lot worse and feels confidant that it will be fine after 3 visits or so.

Here is what he did:

First he did the ultrasound machine and used red lasers to promote ATP production at the cellular level to speed healing.

Then he scraped the IT band with this metal thing. THAT hurt and I'm bruised from it today.

Then he adjusted my feet, ankles, knees, and hips to fix any biomechanics issues I might have.

I was allowed to run 1 mile last night(no hills) and I'm supposed to give myself an ice massage every night for 15 minutes.

Today other than being bruised it feels pretty good. Actually I can't tell if it's hurting or not because all I feel is the bruised area, which does hurt.

I go back monday for another adjustment and up to running 2 miles at a time next week.

No comments: