Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Zumba hates me

I head to spinning class and the teacher didn't show up so a lot of the girls went upstairs to the dance studio for the Zumba class instead. I'm thinking, "Hey! I could do that! I need to try this out."

Upstairs we go.

This is what I know about Zumba, it's kind of latin-ey and it's dancing. I like dancing, so it sounds great!

I don't know if it was my teacher who didn't explain any steps or go slowly at all, or if I am just that awkward and idiotic.

I go into the class thinking I'll look something like Shakira and I ended up looking like Elaine from Seinfeld.

I stumble through the warm up trying to at least get the feet right, and I kind of figured it out, but the teacher is all moving her hips all over (as are the rest of the girls in the class) and I'm a stiff robot barely doing the steps.

The teacher thanks everyone for coming to Zumba and starts the "routine". She did a small demo (and I mean 3 seconds with 100 steps) and encouraged everyone to start. I am having a complete panic attack in my head. Everyone is smiling and dancing all over the place and I'm all, wwwhhhattttt?  I stood there like an idiot for several seconds (or minutes. time has no meaning at this point) completely confused and feeling very alone. In my desperation to get out of this 7th circle of h#LL, told her I was no dancer, and left. I LEFT! As a fitness class instructor myself at several points in my life, I always try to stay in a class because I hated it when people left early. But I couldn't do it, I don't think I've ever felt so stupid in my entire life.

Conclusion - Zumba is so not for me.


No comments: