go the whole year injury free!!! IT band pain comes and goes but it's never been bad enough to take more than just a couple days off so I'm calling this one a success so far!
- 1 mile timed run each month
January outside- 8:05
February treadmill - 7:35 (almost died)
March - ummm, oops.
April - yeah.
May - In my defense, I was out of town for 3 of the 4 weeks in May.
June - too dang hot. seriously, the second I walk out the door I'm covered with sweat.
July - ummm, I did some mile repeats at 8:15, so there's that.
August - I'll do this again when it cools off. This is just ridiculous.
September - I did some mile repeats inside of a bigger workout about 8:14's or so. Still haven't done this.
Oct - 7:48
Run - 70
Bike - 32.55
total for October - 102.55
Total miles - 1450 (Unless I seriously up the biking, 2000 miles is not going to happen this year)
- Run a sub 2 hour half marathon. Epic fail
- run a sub 25 minute 5K. June race - fail. October race - fail (25:56) but happy with a huge PR
- bike a 15 mile bike ride averaging 19 mph. not yet.
- race a 10K under 58 minutes. not happening this year.
- weight training at least 2x a week. doing pretty good. failing major since we found out we were moving.
- maybe try a duathlon? maybe next year.
I have some interesting goals for next year since all my races are about done for this year, but with all the access to workout equipment and things, I'm pretty excited about what I can accomplish soon. I set some really high goals that I wasn't sure I could even do and improved a lot and learned a lot about myself. I do have 1 more 5K on December 31st, but there could be snow on the ground so it may not be a PR kind of race.
Can't wait to move. 4 days.