Thursday, October 3, 2013

October, what?

October, huh? hmmmm...

I'm not sure I'm ready for this. October means Halloween. Which means candy. Which means the beginning of the holiday season that I ALWAYS indulge in and gain 5 pounds.

Always.

We'll just have to see how I hold up this year. Here's my goals and how I'm doing.

go the whole year injury free!!! IT band faded for a little bit and started hurting again after my 14 mile run Saturday. When I bike, it feel better, so I'm making sure I cross train as much as possible.

1 mile timed run each month 
January outside- 8:05
February treadmill - 7:35 <-- almost="" br="" died="" style="background-color: white; color: #1d1c2d;">March - ummm, oops.
April - yeah.

May - In my defense, I was out of town for 3 of the 4 weeks in May.
June - too dang hot. seriously, the second I walk out the door I'm covered with sweat.
July - ummm, I did some mile repeats at 8:15, so there's that.
August - I'll do this again when it cools off. This is just ridiculous.
September - I did some mile repeats inside of a bigger workout about 8:14's or so. Still haven't done this.

Run/bike/swim 2000 miles combined
Run - 105.85 <-- 100="" first="" mile="" month="" over="" span="" the="" whole="" year="">
Bike - 52.05 - (maybe this is why my IT band hurts, it always feels better when I bike more)
total for July - 157.9
Total miles - 1347 (652 miles left with 3 months to go. Not sure this is happening)

Run a sub 2 hour half marathon. Race in 3 weeks.

run a sub 25 minute 5KJune race - fail. Next attempt in 9 days.

bike a 15 mile bike ride averaging 19 mph. not yet.

race a 10K under 58 minutesnot happening this year.

weight training at least 2x a week.  doing pretty good.

maybe try a duathlonmaybe next year.

Things are going well this year, Dave graduates with a program from UNC on November 5th and graduates with his Master's degree in December AND starts a new job in the middle of November which means...I get my husband back!!!!! yay!!!!

2014 is looking really good for training and races because I'll have a husband around to watch the kids. The last 2 years have been really hard. Time to finish 2013 strong!

No comments: