Anyway, here is how my August shaped up,
go the whole year injury free!!! Doing well! My IT band seemed to have faded and I'm feeling strong. Trying to stretch REALLY well and make sure the cross training is keeping my heathly.
- 1 mile timed run each month
January outside- 8:05
February treadmill - 7:35 <-- almost="" br="" died="" style="background-color: white; color: #1d1c2d;">March - ummm, oops.-->
April - yeah.
May - In my defense, I was out of town for 3 of the 4 weeks in May.
June - too dang hot. seriously, the second I walk out the door I'm covered with sweat.
July - ummm, I did some mile repeats at 8:15, so there's that.
August - I'll do this again when it cools off. This is just ridiculous.
Run - 87.35
Bike - 117
total for July - 204.35
Total miles - 1189.13 (810 miles to go with 4 months left. I need to start biking more!)
- Run a sub 2 hour half marathon.Registered, working week 4 of training now!
- run a sub 25 minute 5K. June race - fail. October 12, next shot.
- bike a 15 mile bike ride averaging 19 mph. not yet.
- race a 10K under 58 minutes. need to find one, for some reason there are not very many around here.
- weight training at least 2x a week. doing pretty good.
- maybe try a duathlon? not going to happen this year. oh well.
After being really worried about my IT band for a couple weeks, I am THRILLED that the pain is gone and I'm feeling very strong.
I'm hitting the tough paces for my speed work and tempo runs and making my easy runs STUPID easy(thanks to mile-posts recommendation) Like, leaving my Garmin at home, listening to podcasts, and even when I'm going easy, running/slogging even SLOWER so I feel like I should be walking. But it's working, I'm getting faster and it's still hot outside. I can't wait to see what I can do when it cools off.
6 more weeks until my sub 2 attempt! Getting pumped!