Friday, September 6, 2013

Side effects of endurance training


I've hit that part of the training cycle where several things happen.

1. I'm feeling STRONG! My body is adjusting and responding to the craziness - YAY! I'm feeling more confident by the day.

2. "The Hunger" is back. Now that my long runs are 10 miles or more, I get to the point where I will eat my own children if I don't get to the food NOW.



3. In addition to #2, I plow through food like a crazy person. For "lunch" (at 10:45, because I was starving) I had an awesome turkey and cheese sandwich on pumpernickel bread with a side of french fries and chocolate brownie ice cream. I inhaled it in about 10 minutes, was not full, and was all:



Seriously. It was like an out of body experience.

4. To fit in my runs (since I'm not super speedy and can't do an 8 mile run in one hour) I've been getting up at the ungodly hour of 5am. Plus the additional training. Did I mention I have 4 kids? I HAVE to take a nap at least 3 times a week so I don't become a serial killer.




Momma gets cranky when she's sleepy.

I dare you to get in the way of my nap. Or my meal. Because I'll kill you.

No comments: