Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mornings are Satan

I did seven 800's this morning for my workout. I usually do 4 or 5 because...well...I don't know why. Anyway, my training plan had me down for 7 so that's what I was going to do. I knew I needed anywhere from an hour to and hour twenty minutes to get this done, so I had to get up early. When my alarm went off at 5:30am I hated everyone.



I went out the door thinking I would just do the warm up and if I wasn't feeling it then I wouldn't do the 800's and just jog the whole thing straight. I kind of woke up and decided to go for it. It was cooler this morning (66!!) and I had some good music and while it was hard, I didn't feel like I was running so fast that I was out of control. (that happens to me at about a 7:30 pace, just too fast for me)


(I want to look like Batman, not like Robin)

I finish up my run feeling great that I did all seven 800's without quitting and headed home to check the results. Fastest was a 3:50 which I am thrilled about!



And then I entered in that number into the McMillan calculator to see how I was shaping up for my goal. With that time for an 800, my 5K time should be a 29:30!! I can already do 27 minutes so that means my 800 time is WAY too slow. For my 25 minute 5K goal, I need to be doing an 800 in 3:14!

And then my dreams were crushed.



Don't worry, I'm not giving up. I'm just going to work harder! Or something.


No comments: