Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sub 2 - I think I can I think I can

I did it. I registered for my second ever half marathon!



It's on October something. 19th? 17th? Anyway, it's somewhere in the teens and I already have my training plan picked out and it "officially" begins August 12th and the long run for that week is 8 miles. SO, as long as I can stay consistent at doing 7 or 8 miles once a week I should be good as far as that goes. My training is running 4 days a week with 2 days of biking for a cross train.

Here are the first 4 weeks of my 10 week plan:


I'm a mixed ball of excited/nervous/scared/dreading. I'm using the Run Less Run Faster book for my training paces at those intervals and my goal race time (which is anything with a 1 in front of it).

I'm excited to have such a specific goal that I think I can do.
I'm nervous because I am always nervous before a race.
I'm scared thinking that I'm getting in over my head.
I'm dreading the first month or so of training in the heat.

9:09 per mile or faster - I can DO it!!!

No comments: