Saturday, July 20, 2013

Getting runner's legs in the heat

I asked Dave if I had runner's legs yet. He said I was getting there and mentioned that I'm not running as much as I think I am. WHAT!? (let's just say he's been regretting that statement for the last 2 days)

To prove him wrong - cuz that's what I do when someone says something like that - I decided to run 8 miles today. Have I run 8 miles yet in 2013? nope.

Did I mention that it was 80 degrees and 90% humidity? at 6am?

I wanted to die. I was barely shuffling along feeling like I was going to die. I was easily a minute per mile slower than I would normally run. I ran out of water, I got chills and goosebumps, I was nauseas for hours afterwards. Guess what I learned about those symptoms later after consulting Dr. Google? They are symptoms of heat exhaustion! Real genius, I'm obviously blond.

What did I learn?

Don't try to kill yourself proving your husband wrong. Also, I need to move.

No comments: