Monday, June 3, 2013

Making the cut



Is a book from Jillian Michaels about shedding those last 10 pounds and really getting that final definition that you want. Since my 5K's are over until September and my half training doesn't start until August I needed a goal. I will do the 30 day plan starting this morning and am pretty excited about it.

There are a couple rules that I am supposed to follow on this plan and they are:


  • Eat the magic number - according to the calculations, I am supposed to eat 1380 calories a day. No more, no less. I will be tracking calories in a notebook for the whole month.
  • Eat for your metabolic type - I took the test and I am a "balanced" oxidizer. That means I need about equal percentages of the 3 macronutrients and can eat a wide variety of foods.
  • Eat every 4 hours.
  • No processed or junk foods. (that includes soda, cookies, chips, deli meat, candy, ice cream, anything white, etc.)
  • Water consumption - 100 ounces of water a day, minimum.
  • No booze - haha!!! I don't drink so this is an easy one.
In addition, there is a strict meal plan and exercise routine. I will follow the exercises in addition to my running schedule and do the best I can on the diet plan while still feeding my family good stuff. 

I will be taking measurements, pictures, weight, etc. right now and do a cool before/after picture thing. Hopefully it's awesome.

No comments: