Sunday, June 2, 2013

Ignite 5K

I thought it was going to suck, and it did.

76 degrees at the start and only 30 minutes later, 80 degrees at the finish.

here's the start. I am in there just to the right of the head of the boy in green.


I hit mile 1 in 8:13 and felt fairly good but knew I was going too fast.

Hit mile 2 at 8:53 and was in serious pain. it was just so HOT. My legs wanted to go, go, go but my breathing was way off and my heart beating was about to explode out of my ears.

I checked behind me and there was hardly anyone there so I let myself slow down since I knew no one was going to catch me. At this point, I didn't even care about my time, I just wanted to finish so I could go the the bathroom and cool down!

My friend took this picture of me with her phone about .15 from the finish. I'm shooting myself in the head.


Mile 3 at 9:13

Finish time of 27:27 (how is that even possible??)
slower than last year but like I said, by mile 2 I just didn't care anymore. 
5th out of 70 women overall
2nd out of 20 in the 30-39 age group

I ran a 5K in training about a month ago when it was 50 degrees a minute faster than this. I know I can go much faster with the proper weather and some more strict training - no more vacations!! ;)

On to the next race!

No comments: