Monday, May 27, 2013

4 1/2 days until the pain starts

Yes, I know I've been gone, but that's because I've literally...been...gone.

See?








My hubs and I took a vacation without the kids for 11 days in the British Virgin Islands! We celebrate our 10 year anniversary this year so we made a big deal of it.

What I wasn't expecting is that when we got back I had less than 2 weeks before my first 5K of the year. I lost a TON of fitness during the 2 weeks I was gone and it's now hot and humid. I tried to do some mile repeats last week and about died. Seriously.
I am slow, slow, slow right now so I'm not sure how this "race" is going to go on Saturday.

I can probably do 8:45's, which would give me the same time as last year.
I might be able to do 8:35's, which would give me a 26:40 - a 41 second PR
I can't imagine I'll do 8:25's, but if I did, I would have a 26:08.

I think 8:40's or 8:35's is a good goal so that's what my goal is. But you never know...

No comments: