Sunday, March 31, 2013

moving and a 5K PR!



Holy cow, where have I been?? I'll tell you!

In the last 2 1/2 weeks this is what happened:

- found out we had to move from our rental home (foreclosure)
- found a new place to live
- moved.
- my 6 year old had a bad case of a rotavirus and threw up for 6 days.
- then I caught it.
- now it's easter.

Man there have been some stressful things going on.

Right before me catching this bad stomach bug (and trust me, it was BAD), I had the most amazing run of my life. We had moved all week and I was exhausted. I'd only exercised twice that week with no goals but just to get out there. I had an interval session of 3x1600's @ 8:30 I knew I was supposed to do but wasn't feeling up to it.  Anyway, I headed out Friday night for a run after unpacking all day thinking I'd run about 6 miles at whatever pace felt good to me.

When I finished and checked out my run on my computer, imagine my surprise when the first 4 miles were all at 8:30 paces!!!! I wasn't even trying to go fast or anything! I hit the 5K mark at 26:25 which is an unofficial PR for me. yipeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

It just feels really good for the training to pay off when you least expect it. I'm feeling like I really could break 25 minutes for my 5K. I can do it!

No comments: