Is it just me or is 2013 just flying by?
Here is my February update on my goals.
- go the whole year injury free!!! feeling good, and most importantly, my foot which was a little achy for the first 6 weeks of the year I haven't noticed at ALL the last 2 weeks. I think it might actually be completely healed!
- 1 mile timed run each month
January outside- 8:05
February treadmill - 7:35 <-- almost="" died="" font="">-->
Run workouts - 15 (short month)
Run miles - 85
Bike workouts - 5 (I can't wait until the weather clears up)
Bike miles - 65
Total miles - 150 month/278 year
- Run a sub 2 hour half marathon. I won't register for one until sometime in the summer.
- run a sub 25 minute 5K. So far I have one on April 20, one on June 1, and another October 3.
- bike a 15 mile bike ride averaging 19 mph. summer, where are you??
- race a 10K under 58 minutes. need to find one.
- weight training at least 2x a week. 12 sessions!!! woohoo!
- maybe try a duathlon?
My husband commented that he noticed a couple days ago that my body is changing. Getting tighter and more muscular. (yeah!) I've been consistent with the Strong like Susan abs challenge and my twice a week full body strength work. I've also done 2 yoga sessions and am trying to spend a good 10 minutes stretching my legs/hips/glutes the last week or so.
I'm a little discouraged about the biking but there is no way I'm biking outside in this 35 degree rain every day. And when I do the trainer, my tush starts aching SO fast! plus, it's cold in the garage and I don't want to do it there. I'm tempted to bring the bike upstairs to the TV room, but my kids play in there and I don't want them messing with my bike. I'll have to figure something out. I'm feeling strong and encouraged for the warmer weather.