Saturday, March 2, 2013

1/6th of the way done.


Is it just me or is 2013 just flying by?

Here is my February update on my goals.


- go the whole year injury free!!! feeling good, and most importantly, my foot which was a little achy for the first 6 weeks of the year I haven't noticed at ALL the last 2 weeks.  I think it might actually be completely healed!

1 mile timed run each month 
January outside- 8:05
February treadmill - 7:35 <-- almost="" died="" font="">


Run/bike/swim 2000 miles combined
Run workouts - 15 (short month)
Run miles - 85
Bike workouts - 5 (I can't wait until the weather clears up)
Bike miles - 65
Total miles - 150 month/278 year

Run a sub 2 hour half marathonI won't register for one until sometime in the summer.

run a sub 25 minute 5KSo far I have one on April 20, one on June 1, and another October 3.

bike a 15 mile bike ride averaging 19 mph. summer, where are you??

race a 10K under 58 minutesneed to find one.

weight training at least 2x a week.  12 sessions!!! woohoo! 

maybe try a duathlon?


My husband commented that he noticed a couple days ago that my body is changing. Getting tighter and more muscular. (yeah!) I've been consistent with the Strong like Susan abs challenge and my twice a week full body strength work. I've also done 2 yoga sessions and am trying to spend a good 10 minutes stretching my legs/hips/glutes the last week or so.

I'm a little discouraged about the biking but there is no way I'm biking outside in this 35 degree rain every day. And when I do the trainer, my tush starts aching SO fast!  plus, it's cold in the garage and I don't want to do it there. I'm tempted to bring the bike upstairs to the TV room, but my kids play in there and I don't want them messing with my bike. I'll have to figure something out. I'm feeling strong and encouraged for the warmer weather.

No comments: