Monday, February 11, 2013

And then I almost died...

I was given a treadmill by a friend to "borrow" until I move and it has yet to make it into the house. Oh well, garage it is.

It has been great since it's been really cold and rainy lately. And Dave has had to gone several times for school, so I can still run and not leave my kids!!!

Today I decided would be a good day to do my 1 mile timed run(on the treadmill) since I could just set the pace and then go.

Since I ran an 8:05 about 6 weeks ago, i set the speed for 8.0 (which is a 7:30 pace) and hung on for dear life. And also hope I don't fly off the back like those contestants on The Biggest Loser.

I completed 1 mile in 7:35 and even though I thought my heart was going to explode out of my ears, it didn't. I have mixed feelings about that. I am pretty impressed that I did it, but since it was on a treadmill I feel like it was cheating. And I felt like my body was going to give out at any second. Oh well, I'm done for another month!

Plus, the brooks purecadance felt amazing. :)





No comments: