Tuesday, February 26, 2013

4 days left!

I have a race on Saturday that I was originally nervous for, but am now getting pretty excited. It's a 5 mile race in a hilly neighborhood - there are ZERO hills where I live. The event is an hour away but here? The biggest "hill" is a curb. Seriously not a joke. I've tried to do some hill work on the treadmill I got a couple weeks ago, and I've followed my training plan to the "T" for the last 6 weeks. My training thingy says I can run this 5 miler in under 45 minutes. While I'm not sure I can do that, I'm pretty confident that I can hold a 9:15 pace for the whole thing making my finish time 46:15. So let that be my goal for this race.

I'm not really sure what to expect based on amount of people, the course, etc. But my husband thinks I can run it in 45 minutes flat. That's the pace I need for a sub 2 hour half so I would LOVE to be able to do that but if I don't feel good during the race I won't push it.

Even if I don't make the times others think I can, even if I crash because the hills took it out of me, there is this quote that I really like,

"Just because I can't do it today, doesn't mean that I can't do it."

That is my motto for this year because I've set some really high goals and I can't get discouraged when I don't get them the first try. There's always another race!

No comments: