Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Motivation is HERE




Guess what I just did?!



The husband just agreed to my first race of 2013!!!!

Registration opened today and I was all over it.  A 5 mile race at what I HOPE I can hold a 9:15 pace. That's right. Even though today a 2.8 run was torture at a 10:10 pace. cuz I'm crazy like that.

I have 8 1/2 weeks to go and it's a little bit of a hilly race. Well, hilly compared to the flat as a pancake place that I live in. So I need to find a hill (and trust me, that's a challenge around here) to do some repeats on at least once a week so my legs aren't shot. And I'm going to keep up the weight training so my legs feel strong. And I think I'll bike an hour on my off days so my endurance is up. Basically I make this up as I go along. :)

I'm so excited to have a race to look forward to!!! It gives me so much more motivation. woot woot!

No comments: