Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bye bye my love

I didn't tell anyone (except my husband) that I was going to attempt to go (added) sugar free. Why not? because I suck at doing this. I've tried to do it 8 different times THIS month and failed every day by 2pm.

Anyway, I decided to try again and it's 8:30pm and I've been successful! The only goal was to get through today. If I wanted something I would tell myself that I could have it tomorrow. It's not going anywhere.  As it turns out, I LOVE fruit. well, I knew that already but since it would be my only sweet item to eat I savored it. That pear at lunch was IN.SANE.  I felt pretty good about everything I was eating and I even resisted when I made a peanut butter sandwich for my son at lunch and wanted some peanut butter. I love that stuff.

The only side effect so far is a raging headache that I can't shake. I didn't want to take any pills or anything so I took a nap which took the edge off but it's still there. Is that part of sugar withdrawals?

Looking forward to FINALLY being successful at this. At least until valentine's day. :)

No comments: