Friday, October 5, 2012

Pain, table of one

After 5 full days of biking and 7 days of NO running in an effort to let the tendonitis in my foot heal so I can continue marathon training, I went out this morning to test it out.

It's been days since I've felt any pain at all and according to my podiatrist friend, I may run as long as there is no pain.

During my 3 miles jaunt today, I felt great!!! I only felt twinges of something while I walked but if I kept jogging or running, my foot felt fine! woohoo!

Tomorrow is my first 20 mile run on my training cycle. I don't think I'll be able to do that with my foot. So I'm planning on attempting anywhere from 6-10 miles of running - depending on how my foot feels - and then I'll bike anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours after that to get the exercise time in.

I'm hoping that if I take next week all biking as well, I can jump right back into my weekend long runs next Saturday of 15 miles. and then 20 the week after that, and then another 15 the week after that.

Please tell me I won't crash and burn at the marathon if I only get in one 20 miler. Please.

The drama continues...

No comments: