Saturday, October 6, 2012

Here's to Health


After a full 2 weeks of coughing and every breath taken rattling in irritation in my chest, I FEEL BETTER!

YEAH!!!

I'm sure most of us take our health for granted, this is, until we don't have it anymore. I know I'm like that. For the last 2 weeks, it's been so hard trying to take a breath and going into a raging coughing fit that lasts several minutes. Repeat every 5 minutes. I was this close to going to the doctor because I was sure I had bronchitis. Can you have that and get over it without meds?

It reminds me of when I'm pregnant. I spend 9 months being sick and not enjoying food and the second I have that baby, food is delicious again! I don't feel sick anymore! And there was much rejoicing.

My point?

I am so grateful for health. For the opportunity to exercise and compete in races and my body can mostly do what I ask of it.


No comments: