Tuesday, October 30, 2012

2 months left?




How is October over? 2012 feels like it flew by, just me? Here were my original goals:
  • Run a 5K under 27:30 (8:50 pace) 27:21 June 23, Ignite 5K
  • Have a baby. (hahaha) Just about 10 months old.

  • Get down to my "happy weight"at 122 poundsDone. clothes fit, now to toning those muscles!
  • Biking speed averaging 18 mph. Destroyed at the tri. 18.8mph for 25 mile ride. Only faster from here!
  • Do an olympic distance triathlon. no time goal although I would LIKE to break 3 hours2:55, placed in age group - goal crushed.

  • Complete my marathon in under 4:30. I am hopeful. I know I could absolutely do this if my feet were 100%. They are not, unfortunately, so I'm going to do the best I can and see what the clock shows when I'm done.
  • Find another 10K and break 58 minutes. not a goal for me until my feet are healed. 
  • Run 800 700 miles for the year.  Ran just under 83 miles for the month of October which is really incredible for how little I ran since my feet are bothering me. I feel like I've barely run at all! I'm at 666 miles for 2012 so far (hope that's not a bad omen). I'll for sure make my 700 mile goal, and then it's rest and recovery after that so I may not go above that much more this year.

This year has had it's ups and downs for sure. Had a baby (yay!), moved and left all my friends (sad), lost the baby weight, trained for 2 5K's, a triathlon, and a marathon (yay), and got an injury (sad). I'm looking forward to 2013 and hopefully making it an injury free year!

1 comment:

Amy said...

oh man that stinks your feet are still hurting. :-( I'm sorry. I wish I would've gotten you same results as everyone else. I can't wait to hear about your marathon! Its probably good I don't blog about working out because today would've been, I am so happy I ran a 10 min. mile, JUST ONE MILE though. UGH.