Sunday, September 9, 2012

success

I DID IT!!!!

17 miles in the bag.

I did a 5 mile loop, stopped at the house for another Gu and sunglasses and headed out for a 9 mile loop. I hit mile 10 or so and my legs were still feeling pretty good (surprisingly) and I was just waiting for the pain in my quads to hit.

mile 11...
mile 12...
mile 13...
mile 14...

back at the house and the pain still hadn't hit my thighs!!! what?!

refilled my camel bak and went out for my last 3 miles.

the pain started creeping in about mile 15.5 or so but I still had enough energy to kick the last .25 miles at an 8:35 pace! (which is basically sprinting for me)

When I look back to the past 3 years of running for me, I think of the day I ran 2 miles in a row for the first time ever and it was SO hard. But I did it. and then the time I ran 6 miles for the first time ever. I was SO proud of myself. back then I would have never thought I could do this.

the body can do amazing things!!! I am here to tell you that if I can do it - ANYONE can do it.

recovery week next week, yay!

2 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Yay! You are inspiring to me. I am doing just 2 miles right now and still have to walk break at least one time in there. (Usually on the hill)

Sawyers Family said...

This is so inspiring! I am currently looking to run my first ever 5K and I totally want to run longer runs. My legs are looking good, but I am totally top heavy right now...