Monday, September 10, 2012

is that...fall??

The heat has been beating me down. It is SO hard to motivate myself to go and run when it's 80 degrees at 6am and I can wring out my running shorts when I'm done with a short 3 miler.

This morning? oh, this glorious morning I was rejuvenated! a cold front moved in last night and today at 5:40am?? 59 degrees. PERFECTION.

4.54 miles at an 8:45 pace. That is my fastest/furthest combination ever. Not to mention I ran 17 miles 2 days ago and my quads felt fine!

Does the weather really make that big of a difference in running? I realize that my pace this morning might not be anything to brag about for some people, but for me? For me, it's completely rock star and I am DANG proud of myself.

If I can hold that pace for a 10K (I found one in december I want to do), then I will crush my PR time of 58 minutes. That would give me a time of 54 minutes. I think that's very respectable(for me) and I would be thrilled.

I am so awesome.

1 comment:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

You ARE so awesome.
Except for the captchas. :p