Friday, September 7, 2012

I could've watched Harry Potter

It's the eve before my longest run ever. I would be lying if I told you I wasn't nervous.

17 miles is extremely intimidating.

At my ridiculously slow pace in this humidity and heat, we are looking at 3 solid hours of running. I could watch a REALLY long movie in that amount of time.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, my Garmin died. kaput. the battery is completely dead so I sent it in for a refurbished one. It's somewhere in Kentucky right now so I'll be using the mapmyrun app on my phone and hoping it doesn't die before I'm done running.

I did 15 miles last week and the last 3 miles were complete agony. My quads were completely flushed with lactic acid BEFORE I stopped running. oh so painful. I think I am going to attempt an ice bath tomorrow.

I hope I don't give up 10 miles in. see you on the flip side.

No comments: