Tuesday, September 4, 2012

August recap


2012 Goals review!
  • Run a 5K under 27:30 (8:50 pace) 27:21 June 23, Ignite 5K
  • Have a baby. (hahaha) He's almost 8 months old and I LOVE him!!!
  • Get down to my "happy weight"at 122 pounds.Weighing in around 124-ish right now. need to get back on track for my races!!! the in-laws are leaving tomorrow so hopefully I'll not be tempted anymore.
  • Biking speed averaging 18 mph. 17.6 mph on a 20 mile ride. I'm getting there slowly, I just can't seem to find the time for more than 2 rides a week! sigh.
  • Do an olympic distance triathlon. no time goal although I would LIKE to break 3 hours. 2 1/2 weeks. feeling strong, hoping for good weather.
  • Complete my marathon in under 4:30. based on my horrible 15 mile run last week, I can see this totally not happening.
  • Find another 10K and break 58 minutes. hhmmmm.
  • Run 800 700 miles for the year.  Ran 85.43 miles in August. I think that's my best month ever! 473 miles total for 2012. I'm starting to get up to 15 and 17 miles for my long runs (scary!), so I'm expecting my mileage to stay higher for the next 3 months.

With this training plan (run less, run faster), each workout feels like death. the speed work day = death. the tempo day = death. the long run day = death.
It ALWAYS hurts.
and I'm ALWAYS mentally exhausted by the end of the week, like I have no motivation anymore.
but I'm always proud of myself for doing it and being faster than I think I can be.

Please tell me that it gets easier to train when your kids are older. or when your husband isn't in grad school. or when it isn't summer anymore. (seriously, why is it 77 degrees at 4am? WHY?)

Fall, where are you????

No comments: