Tuesday, September 11, 2012

10 things you wish you didn't know about me

Since Beth over at SUAR tagged everyone, I got tagged! I feel so popular!

Here are my (boring) answers to the tagging questions.

Best run ever?

This is a toss up between my 17 mile run last saturday, which I didn't think I could do but my legs felt pretty good. OR my run yesterday where I ran 4.5 miles at my 5K pace. the 5K I did at that pace? I wanted to die. like, DIE. but yesterday I didn't want to die. it was amazing!

Three words that describe your running?

hard. sweaty. gross.

Your go-to running outfit? 

tank and baggy running shorts. My favorite 2 pairs of shorts are under armor and brooks. My favorite tanks are this white one I got at target, and a hot pink adidas one from Ross.

Quirky habit while running?

singing along with my favorite song.

Morning, midday, evening?

morning. do people actually run other times of the day? how?

I won’t run outside when it’s ____________

over 90 degrees. which happens quite frequently here. that may be part of the reason I only run in the morning, it's the coolest time of day.

Worst injury—and how you got over it.

piriformis syndrome. I got pregnant and put on bed rest which healed it for me!!  After hearing about other things like stress fractures and feet issues and shin splints, I feel really lucky that I really haven't had that much wrong with me.

I felt most like a bad@ss mother runner when _________ 


Someone asks how far I ran today and I get to say something like, "10 miles" or "15 miles" and I get to watch their eyes get all big. It's so cool!

Next race is __________

Outer Banks Olympic Triathlon - Sept. 22

Potential running goal for 2013?


I think I am going to do 1 or 2 half marathons ( I would LOVE to break 2 hours), and I have my eye on this 50 mile triathlon. it's a 1 mile swim, 44 mile bike, and 5 mile run. Mostly, I want to work on speed and maybe get down to an 8 minute mile pace for a 5K. that would be HUGE for me.


Okay, got to go to bed so I can get up at 5am to run 10 miles before dave leaves for work. I see caffeine as an inevitable in the morning. nighty night.

No comments: