Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My secret

How come no one ever talks about the important things in life? The secrets that make life easier?

Allow me to share my secret(that I learned yesterday) that I'm sure most of you already know about, but since no one talks about it, I'm an idiot and didn't discover it until I was 30 years old!

I took my 4 children (I know - fun, right?) to my 7 year old's doctor's appointment, which took 1 1/2 hours. To reward them for being good, I took them to the library after that. Why is a reward for them NOT a reward for me? Then, since we were in town (I live 20 minutes away from anything, including a grocery store), I went to walmart - kill me - for groceries and school supplies.  After that, the absolute last thing I wanted to do was unstrap a 7 year old, a 5 year old, a 3 year old, and a 7 month old out of the car AGAIN to go inside Walgreens to pick up Hailey's(the 7 year old) Rx. Enter the drive through pharmacy.

Why have I NEVER tried that out before??? It. was. awesome. When I go inside, it takes at least 30 minutes. always. I went through the drive through, I didn't have to unstrap any kids, and I was done in 5 minutes!!!

At my pharmacy, the drive through clients get priority in wait time over the suckers inside. From now on, I'm staying outside!

For those that didn't already know about it, you are welcome. For those that do, please share your golden nuggets of wisdom with me! My brain cells have been severely diminished from lack of sleep and lack of adult conversation.

2 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

It IS great if your pharmacy HAS a drive through. Target is my fav cause they are fast regardless. The only thing that makes them slow is a line or something they have to order in. I used to do Walgreen's or CVS and they are SO SLOW! What is the deal!?! Even the drive through was slow sometimes in McKinney.

Christine Ashby said...

I wish I could do Target, but it's an hour away!!
My choices include walmart (they take like, 2 hours), walgreens, and cvs.

so do me a favor and never take for granted how close your stores are! I swear one day when we live somewhere else, I'll never forget what it was like to be so far from everything!