- I completed all 3 laps to equal 13 miles.
- My legs felt surprisingly good.
- Mentally I felt good.
- All walk breaks were necessary - see below.
- Scared to death that I was going to be attacked by a bear. It was dark outside.
- stopped and listened when I SWEAR I heard snorting from a large animal warning me that I was too close. Then I sprinted away.
- lost 2.5 pounds during the run. Need to work on nutrition and fluids. Didn't go to the bathroom for at least 4 hours after.
When I finished and came in the door, Dave asked me how far I went. I told him I was doing 13 miles and he gave me this look and said, "that is crazy."
I'm already getting judged about discipline to my training plan by my HUSBAND!!!
I was like, "Dave, it's a m-a-r-a-t-h-o-n. TWENTY six miles. running 13 for a training run is only HALF the race." oh well, I'm going to have to get used to people thinking I'm crazy.
I'm pretty amazed that I did it. I feel pretty proud of myself today. That's a long way to run and I DID IT!
Note that my shorts are now a different color than the first picture. That's a lot of sweat.
And we made it to the beach. Thank heavens.