Thursday, June 21, 2012

a little scared

In less than 48 hours I will be racing in a local 5K. My training plan that I've done in the last 4 weeks have prepped me for a 27:25 finishing time which I was very confident that I could pull off.

Until 2 days ago.

There is a forest fire blazing away 50 miles from here and the wind is bringing all the smoke into our town creating hazardous air conditions.

In addition, it got crazy humid and will probably 80 degrees during the race. I don't run well in the heat.

So here are my ABC's.

Goal A: hit or smash my 27:25 (8:50 pace) finishing time goal creating at least a 37 second PR for me. If this happened I would be THRILLED.

Goal B: stay under 28:39 finishing time which was my time at my last race in March. I'd be bummed but not too upset because of race conditions.

Goal C Not a goal but aware that this is possible: not walk and stay under 30 minutes total. I would be SO upset if this happened, but sometimes things just don't go your way.

Plus, it would be nice if I don't throw up.

2 comments:

A Mormon Mommy said...

you said something in an earlier post about nursing your baby and you're exercising and losing weight. I have been trying to do the same thing and I feel like I'm starving the whole time. Any tips or advice?

Christine Ashby said...

Well, I am now done nursing so it isn't an issue now. But I always ended up at about 1500 calories for the day no matter what I did when I was nursing because I was hungry! I eat a LOT of fiber, whole grains, veggies, fruit, and protein. I noticed that when I ate processed foods is when I would get hungry faster. So maybe cut out all the processed foods and see how you feel?

Good luck!!!