Saturday, June 16, 2012

Double digits

I'm waiting for someone to say it. And maybe I'm just reading the wrong blogs or something but running 10 miles is a LONG. FREAKING. WAY.

That's right. I said it.

It's HARD to run 10 miles. You will be sore. Your feet will hurt and your muscles will feel tight you will want to eat and eat and eat and sleep and sleep and sleep.

People will think you are crazy.

You might chafe. it's not fun.

you will sweat and it will stink.

You might experiment with Gu flavors and want to throw up a little.

you will perhaps spill red gatorade on your white workout top.

you could move out of the way from cars and worry about snakes in the grass.

your heart rate might possibly soar to 190 by the end.


And you won't regret any of it because you will be so dang proud of yourself. I know I am.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Good for you! I am working my mileage back up and I love the feeling at the end of a long run...an exilerated exhaustion!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Actually, I am a slacker because I meant to give you kudos but life keeps getting away from me. Anyway, M was in awe (as was I) as we ran for 90 seconds for 1 block and felt like dying and I told her about your fab run that morning. We could not believe anyone could run that far (or that fast) and still be alive.

So from the newbies who have no clue- YOU ROCK!

A Mormon Mommy said...

That is amazing! You're such an inspiration! I need to get running, but I guess this mono is going to continue to kick my trash for a little longer. I know it's an excuse, but it's the truth!
And I've had 4 kids, too. So it's totally nice to know that with some serious hard work, I could look like you too!