Monday, June 18, 2012

The belt

I promised I would show you my newfangled swim contraption. Since I don't have a lap pool anymore to swim in, and the creek frequently gets jellyfish in it (yikes), I needed to be creative about how I would get my swim training in.

Enter the pool belt.


This is the exact one I have. It was only $18 and you can buy one HERE.

My 7 year old daughter is now taking pictures. Be aware.



on the smallest setting the belt fits me perfectly and there is quite a bit of extra slack that could accommodate a larger waisted person.

because I tie my belt to a diving board, the strap was not long enough so I used some retired climbing rope to make it longer.


Works like a dream!!


The strap is nice and tight and you could use this thing in a SMALL pool.

Do you think I'm wussy swimming in this pool when you see that nice and inviting creek in the background??

Well, in my defense:


oh yeah, we found that jellyfish 2 days ago.

Here's a closer look.


I'm out of the creek until the next rainstorm!


No comments: