Monday, June 11, 2012

2nd time in my life

That I've run 9 miles.

EVER.

The first time was in the fall of 2010 when I was training for my FIRST half marathon. And then I got pregnant, put on bed rest, and had a baby.

Enter 2012 and marathon training.

It was an AMAZING run. Where I had in my clutches the ever elusive "runner high".

I didn't feel as though I was going fast but the miles were clicking by faster and faster and I knew I could keep going. swoon. It's days like those that make running worth it!

I also got to try out my new fuel belt for the first time.


I was worried that it was going to bounce around and the sloshy water would bug me but I didn't notice it at ALL. I highly recommend this belt. It's this one.


However, I found mine at Ross(??) for $6!!!! I know! I wear the small and my waist is 27.5 inches at the narrowest if that helps with sizing. Plus, I can fit some Gu and my iphone in the pouch and not notice it at all. I was also nervous that the velcro would loosen up and fall off but I am pleasantly surprised at how strong the hold is. 

Really encouraged about running in general and that I might actually be able to not keel over and die during a marathon!

1 comment:

Amy said...

wow that is amazing! Great job! If I ever decide to run a race again I'll get one of those. the 1 time I carried my own water bottle I put it in a fanny pack and that was the most annoying thing ever