Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Good and Bad

Good news!

I FINALLY found a "green" smoothie recipe that is delicious!

It's seriously like a smoothie. (recipe at the bottom)

Bad news: I ate 2 strawberry crepes and 2 brownies last night right before bed.

Good news: I didn't gain any weight because of it and don't feel the need for it anymore!

Bad news: I slept in this morning and didn't get my workout in.

Good news: I don't feel tired and I'll ride my trainer this afternoon!

Bad news: It is SO humid and I sweated all night with my ceiling fan blowing full blast.

Good news: I have a hair appointment today for a cut and color. (first time in 6 months!)

Bad news: Both my son and daughter peed the bed last night. Lots of laundry today.

Good news: My husband is only a couple days away from being done with this semester of his Master's degree. He will have a month off before next semester!! yeah!!!

Side note - if you type the word "news" a lot, it starts to look really weird.

Recipe:

1 Cup of frozen strawberries (other berries will work too, or peaches)
1 cup water (if looking for lower calories) or skim milk (for a full meal replacement)
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (mine has 140 calories and 15 grams of protein)
big handful spinach.

blend, blend, blend.

1 serving of YUMMY strawberry milkshake tasting protein shake.
~200 calories with water.
~300 calories with milk.

and hey, I don't gag and I'm not hungry an hour later!!! Plus, since it's getting hot and humid, it's the PERFECT refueling drink when I'm done running since it's nice and COLD.

Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY for some racing fuel!

2 comments:

A.J. Dub. said...

Thanks for the smoothie recipe! Now if I only had a blender...

Congrats on reaching your goal too!

Amy said...

congrats on getting in the 120's again! I'm green with envy. Gonna have to try out these green smoothie things lol.