Monday, April 2, 2012

2012 Goals Check in


  • Run a 5K under 27:30 (8:50 pace) 1 5K done at 28:39, waiting until the fall to find a new one so I don't run in the summer heat.
  • Have a baby. (hahaha) DONE.
  • Get down to my "happy weight"at 122 pounds.133.8 this morning after overeating all weekend. Slowly getting there! Only a couple more pounds and I can start pulling out some normal clothes!
  • Biking speed averaging 18 mph. I've hit 16.2 once so far. now that the weather is getting nicer I'll be able to go out more.
  • Do an olympic distance triathlon. no time goal although I would LIKE to break 3 hours.registered and nervous!
  • Complete my marathon in under 4:30.
  • Find another 10K and break 58 minutes.
  • Run 800 miles for the year.  March 31 - 105.94 miles total for 2012. I'm just now getting to where 3.5 miles feels okay and I don't want to DIE 1.5 miles in. Slowly building the mileage! 77 miles/month to make my goal now. April plans have me finishing the month at 67 miles. This goal may fall by the wayside while I continue to run injury free. High mileage gets trumped by healthy body!
I feel like I have come a LONG way this month! I'm getting back into good eating habits and the weight is coming off in a healthy way for a nursing mom. Only about 11 more pounds until I'll be REALLY happy with my weight and 13-14 pounds for a supremely confident racing weight. I feel stronger at longer distances and much less like a truck ran me over after only a mile. I have even added small amounts of speedwork!

Something that means a whole lot to me is my husband's support. He knows how important it is to me to be in shape and feel strong. He knows that I like to race and that I need an outlet that is just for me. He rarely never complains about the time I spend exercising and watches all 4 kids whenever I head out during the day. (I'm usually an early morning exerciser) His only complaint is how gross I smell when I'm done. Warranted. I don't think I'd be able to do this if I had a husband who rolled his eyes and complained about me being away from the house every morning to exercise. I love him. LOVE. 

I hope all you guys have great support with your families as well!

No comments: