Friday, March 2, 2012

4 days in.

I'm on day 4 of no sweets and a more plant based diet. I still eat meat, eggs, milk, etc but in much smaller quantities and each meal is based around veggies.

This week I've had -
shredded beef tacos (easy on the beef, heavy on the fresh toppings) with a side of homemade "refried" black beans. (no fat)
sweet potato white bean burgers with broccoli
wheat berry salad - I ate this for lunch every day this week
chicken and wild rice salad
hummus (homemade) with carrots and cucumbers
salad, salad, and more salad.

I think I've eaten beans in some form or another every single day this week.

I made my own homemade oatmeal wheat bread for sandwiches (for the kids, too!), and whole wheat dinner rolls.

I made homemade wheat pancakes this morning and subbed the oil with pumpkin. Instead of syrup, I used some peanut butter and ate them like bread. I'm doing lots of oatmeal, yogurt, and fruit. I think I singly handedly went through an 8 pound bag of oranges.

I'm starting to have a sense of satisfaction after eating that I didn't get before unless I ate 10 cookies or 3 slices of cake or something. Now if I want something else, I'll eat a pear or an orange or an apple with PB and I'll feel fine!

My body is SOOOO sore from this week but I'm feeling confident that after a bike day tomorrow and a rest day on sunday, I'll be ready to rock on monday!

I'm very interested to see how I feel with a continued diet like this and how it affects my training. Tune in for reports...

No comments: