These are the goals that I put into place for 2012, and with 2 months down, I wanted to see where I was.
- Run a 5K under 27:30 (8:50 pace)
Have a baby. (hahaha)DONE.
- Get down to my "happy weight"at 122 pounds.so not even close.
- Biking speed averaging 18 mph.
- Do an olympic distance triathlon. no time goal although I would LIKE to break 3 hours.registered and nervous!
- Complete my marathon in under 4:30.
- Find another 10K and break 58 minutes.
- Run 800 miles for the year. I probably won't be able to start anything until February 1st and I'll be starting slow, so I want this one to be really doable. If I take out January, that's 72 miles a month which is still more than I've ever done before. As of Feb. 29, I'm at 49 miles so far. That breaks it down to 75 miles/month from now on. here we go.
As for my running time goals, I'm not sure how those will fare this year. at 7 weeks postpartum, I am really struggling with both my endurance AND my speed. I hit the wall at 2 miles (so sad), and to hold a 10 minute mile feels like torture. my heart rate is soaring to 190 at a 10 minute mile. how sad is that?
I'm attempting to run a 5K at the end of march, and I'm thinking that if I break 30 minutes I'll be happy. I'll check in at the end of march to see my progress!