Thursday, March 1, 2012

2012 goals check in


These are the goals that I put into place for 2012, and with 2 months down, I wanted to see where I was.
  • Run a 5K under 27:30 (8:50 pace)
  • Have a baby. (hahaha) DONE.
  • Get down to my "happy weight"at 122 pounds.so not even close.
  • Biking speed averaging 18 mph.
  • Do an olympic distance triathlon. no time goal although I would LIKE to break 3 hours.registered and nervous!
  • Complete my marathon in under 4:30.
  • Find another 10K and break 58 minutes.
  • Run 800 miles for the year. I probably won't be able to start anything until February 1st and I'll be starting slow, so I want this one to be really doable. If I take out January, that's 72 miles a month which is still more than I've ever done before. As of Feb. 29, I'm at 49 miles so far. That breaks it down to 75 miles/month from now on. here we go.
As for my running time goals, I'm not sure how those will fare this year. at 7 weeks postpartum, I am really struggling with both my endurance AND my speed. I hit the wall at 2 miles (so sad), and to hold a 10 minute mile feels like torture. my heart rate is soaring to 190 at a 10 minute mile. how sad is that?

I'm attempting to run a 5K at the end of march, and I'm thinking that if I break 30 minutes I'll be happy. I'll check in at the end of march to see my progress!

1 comment:

fancy nancy said...

Hang in there! I'm sure it will all come back to you! It is hard work but you have it in you!!