Tuesday, February 21, 2012

crashing and burning.

This is really rough. Who knew that moving across the country with a newborn, unpacking a house while nursing a newborn, and being supportive as my husband starts a new job and works on his masters degree would be so stressful. You know what I do to deal with assorted frustrations? I turn to food. Of the bread variety. As I type this, I've held my baby for 4 hours today and he just barely fell asleep. My 2 year old is screaming in his room and just woke up the baby so now they are both crying. My 7 year old is trying to do her homework and loses all her reading books and pencils EVERY. DAY. My 5 year old won't eat dinner and is harassing my 7 year old. I'm about to lose it. No wonder I turn to food for solace.

And I'm seriously lacking in sleep. For a person who needs 9-10.5 hours of sleep on a normal night, getting a total of 6 or 7 broken up into 3 or 4 different segments is just not cutting it. How do I stay awake during the day? Sugar. Of the candy and baked goods variety.

This means that the scale has not budged in the last 3 weeks. My clothes fit the same. I still have back fat. And I need an intervention.

I'm thinking something vegetarian inspired. And I'm not allowed to go to the store. Because when I go to the store, I buy candy. every. time. So I need to eat a large meal, go to the store to stock up on vegetarian items. Lots of beans, veggies, and fruits. And then not go back for at least a week.

At least eating cookies is better than killing your kids. right?

1 comment:

A.J. Dub. said...

Call me chica!! You know I have been there, done that. (And ate all the cookies too.)

Hang in there.

I am starting my workouts again. Seeing the pics of me on the cruise makes me want to hurl.