Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jeans

Jean shopping.
Jeans out of the dryer.
Goal jeans.
Fat jeans.

The thought of jeans is a topic that MANY women (and not just the ones who recently had a baby) hate to think about. But it seems that it's the culture we live in. I don't work outside the home, so I have very little in the way of slacks and work-wear. But I do wear jeans!  Almost every day.  At the moment, I'm struggling in that department because I normally wear a size 2-6 in jeans - depending on the brand and style - but I am NOT that size right now. Not with 18 pounds to lose!

I was given 2 pairs of jeans in a size 10 - Gap, long and lean style - that I thought would fit me until I started dropping sizes. I tried them on a couple days after having my little Ryan, hahahaha!!!! yeah, right! I got them up, but barely. And in NO. WAY. were the button and zipper going to close. After my husband verbally stated last night that I looked like I had dropped 10 pounds already, I decided that I would try them on again today (10 days post-partum) and not only did I get them up, but they buttoned and zipped as well! I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing them in public yet, but it's progress.

And then I celebrated by eating 5 cookies. dang.


No comments: