Saturday, January 28, 2012

FYTO Virtual 5K



First race report after having a baby!! But before I jump right into all that business...


Check me out! I got non-maternity jeans on! Buttoned, zipped, and 3 sizes above my normal. ::Insert frowny face here:: Oh well, at least I got them on. Did I mention that my sweet little Ryan is not quite 3 weeks old yet?

Anyway...on to the race!!

I pulled out my NEW Brooks Ghost 3's that I bought while on bed rest forever ago,


Got my racing bib on and some "winter" gear. If you can call a beanie and running shorts winter gear.


I took 3 walk breaks because I mean, I had a baby 17 days ago I'm a big fat wuss. And the rest of the time, took a nice easy jogging approach to this 5K.


New PR for after baby #4! (No where to go but faster now)

As it turns out, I should have worn a tank and no beanie. I was sweaty after this. A nice and sunny 53 degrees today in the big D.


See?? PROOF that I have a 2 1/2 week old baby. Isn't he cute?

Big thanks to Adam at The Boring Runner for hosting this - it's just what I needed to start getting my jiggly butt back into shape!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Oh wow, congrats on getting out there and running. Your little guy is SO cute and tiny!

Adam Ricklefs said...

OMG OMG OMG. I'm super late with getting to all of these posts, but this is AMAZING!!! I mean, your baby is like twice as old now!

GREAT job (going against drs orders)