Thursday, December 22, 2011

Kara reads my mind.


On page 250 of Running for Women, I found a quote that sums up this pregnancy better than anything I've heard or read yet.

"The plan was to do xyz, but I was going slower and slower until I was barely xyz'ing. It was so frustrating. I cried afterwards. I couldn't believe that I couldn't just push through, but that's the way it is - your body just won't let you do it...it was so difficult for me to accept this."


I obviously inserted the xyz stuff since her times don't really apply to me, but after 2 sessions of bed rest when I felt fine, to starting from scratch working out after 2 months of nothing, to getting stabbing pains in my belly when I did anything to stopping exercise completely at 34 weeks pregnant since I'm getting 6-7 contractions an hour and I'm supposed to "take it easy".

It's been tough to accept all that I've been dealt the last 8 months or so. Good news is that I only have about 3 weeks to go and then I can get started with trying to feel like myself again. That's right! In less than a month it will all be over and mission: hot bod after baby will commence.

No comments: