Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Birthday

to ME! I turned 30 on Saturday and the worst thing about it? I am now in a more difficult/competitive age group for races!

That's the only downside I can think of.

I used to be able to have a shot at placing in my age group when I was in the 25-29 range. Now that's I'm in the 30-34, I can pretty much kiss the AG awards goodbye. Unless I morph into a superhuman after I have this baby and completely surprise myself.

Goals:
I have a 5K in mind for after I have this baby. It's around March 10-ish or so which would give me a little less than 2 months after giving birth to get back into shape - on some level. But I just "signed up" for The Boring Runner's virtual 5K on January 28th! That's going to be about a week after the baby's born. yikes. I'm not winning any speed records on that one, but if I can get on a treadmill and walk 3.1 miles a mere 8 days after having a baby?? I think that's pretty awesome.

At this point (31 weeks), I am down to about 3-4 days a week "working out" when all I really want to do is sleep. Trying to stay motivated and it's getting really hard since I'm so slow that no one wants to go walking with me. Or biking for that matter. I am SO slow now. 9 weeks left.

No comments: