Friday, November 18, 2011

1 step forward, 3 steps back

Workout: 23 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes treadmill @ 3.5 mph & 3% incline.

Anyone else having a problem getting dailymile.com to load? Just me? For the last 3 days it hasn't worked at all.

Sitting at 32 weeks pregnant with only 8 weeks to go and I'm just now realizing that maybe I should slow down a little. I'm trying to do too many things and I don't like saying "no" when asked to help with something and you get a situation like last night.

I was teaching a pie crust class to ladies at church, and made 3 of the pies for the dessert that night as well.

After a full day of taking care of kids, getting a new drivers license (kill me), making pies, cleaning up after making pies, trying to ignore my obviously sore throat which is marking the beginning of sickness, and desperately wanting to take a nap but not having time, I arrived at the church last night exhausted and not feeling well before anything started!

after being there for 3 hours and standing up the whole time, my back was aching, my throat felt like someone had sandpapered it, and I was about in full meltdown collapse at that point. I realized (and my husband is pressuring me) to cancel the help I offered for our yearly Christmas party at church, and start saying "NO" to things until after I have this baby and recover a little.

I think I just have a hard time convincing myself that people dont' need my help and that they can do fine without me. Or maybe I don't like to think that. Or maybe I don't like thinking I CAN'T do everything. Last night was eye-opening for me in terms of taking it easy for the last 8 weeks. I'm dreading this email I'm going to send saying that I can't help with the Christmas party after all.

No comments: