Friday, September 16, 2011

Singing in the rain

Today is the second day in a row there has been rain in our area. For the first time in 70 days. Nights are hitting the 60's. For the first time in 70 days.

I couldn't resist doing a walk/jog in the rain tonight.

I loved:

-the pitter patter of rain on the pavement
-the steam rising from the road when car headlights gave me a good view
-the lightening show in the sky
-cold rain dripping down my face and soaking my hair
-rumbling in the sky to go with the lightening
-my shoes squishing with each step
-the sound of my footsteps on the ground
-the bathroom at mile 1.2 to ease my bladder (this baby is making thing difficult)
-cars passing me showering my lower legs with a spray of water.

I've missed rain SO much! I've missed cool weather SO much.

I have such a good time that I sang along with my music with no care to who heard me. (and that's saying something for this tine-deaf girl!)

No comments: